There are many ways to log into your WordPress or WordPress.com site. Here are some of the standard techniques.
Login from WordPress.com
- Go to http://wordpress.com/
- Click the LOGIN button.
- If you have forgotten your password, use the forgotten password feature to let WordPress automatically reset it to a temporary password. They will email it to your registered email address.
Once you have logged into WordPress.com, you will be on the Global Dashboard panel.
From there, you can view your blogs, write a fast post, and access your various blogs.
From the URL/Address Bar
From the address bar in your browser, you can quickly log into your WordPress site by typing in one of the following:
The latter, “login” is the fastest way.
This will bring you to the login screen where you can login or request a forgotten password.
Once you have logged in, you will be on the Dashboard panel of the WordPress Administration Panels.
From the WordPress Sidebar
If you have enabled the WordPress Widget called “Meta” and dragged it to a spot on your site’s sidebar, you and members, contributors, and authors may log into your site through the front door, so to speak.
- Scroll down the sidebar to look for the WordPress Widget Meta, or whatever you may have renamed it.
- You will see “log out” if you are logged in, and “log in” if you are logged out.
- Click it to access the login panel.