The following are tips, techniques, help, and advice for working with WordPress under the hood and behind the scenes: code, database, feeds, backend, customization, programming, hacks, and more.
For information on WordPress Theme customization and development, see WordPress Theme Resources.
For information on WordPress Plugins, see WordPress Plugin Resources.
This is an ever-changing and growing list and covers multiple versions of WordPress.
WordPress Administration Tips and Techniques
- 12 Essential Security Tips and Hacks for WordPress
- A Shell Script for a Complete WordPress Backup – Theme.fm
- Strategies for Successful WordPress Upgrades
- Find, Search, Replace, and Delete In A WordPress Database – WordCast
- A to Z of WordPress .htaccess Hacks – WPShout.com – WPShout.com
- 10 awesome .htaccess hacks for WordPress – CatsWhoCode.com
- How to Fix a Hacked WordPress Blog – JTPRATT
- WordPress Security: How to Protect Your Site – Test King
- 13 Vital Tips and Hacks to Protect Your WordPress Admin Area
- How to automatically email contributors when their posts are published – WPRecipes
- How to automatically obfuscate email addresses on your WordPress blog – WPRecipes
- How to change WordPress default FROM email address – WPRecipes
The WordPress Administration Panels
- Automatically redirect to current page after login – WPRecipes
- WordPress Setup in Less Than 3 Minutes with SSH
- Add custom links to WordPress admin bar – WPRecipes
- How to change WordPress editor font – WPRecipes
- How to show an urgent message in the WordPress admin area – WPRecipes
- Hacking the WordPress Admin: Mastering Custom Columns
- How To: Create Tabs with the Settings API in WordPress
WordPress Feeds and Feed Integration
- WordPress Posts Without Titles in RSS feeds
- Maximize Your Feedburner Settings with The Best Configuration – TentBlogger
- Adding “Feed Only” and “Site Only” Shortcodes in WordPress – Theme.fm
- Redirect feeds to a single format – WPRecipes
- Create an Articles-Only Feed – Digging into WordPress