The Summer Quarter at Clark College starts in July and now is the time to register for the Introduction to WordPress course, the world’s only full-credit college course on WordPress. There are only 15 slots left.
The 4 credit class runs Tuesdays and Thursdays from 6-8:30PM July 3, August 23 at Clark College in Vancouver, Washington.
Registration for the Public is June 6 – June 14. Current Clark College students can register now.
INTRODUCTION TO WordPress CTEC 280 ITEM# 1867
New students must apply as a TRANSFER student to allow for a more direct and streamline registration process.
Here are the specific instructions and I recommend you print them out so you have them with you through the process:
- Register at the college as a TRANSFER student by June 14.
- Clark College Admission Information
- See Clark College Tuition rates for a four credit course, plus $10 fee for the class. (Note: Rates will be increasing in the Fall.)
- Register Online
- Register in Person
- Within 24 hours you should receive an email confirmation from Clark that will assign you a student ID number. Use this number to register for the class.
- To register for the class:
- Email to firstname.lastname@example.org with your name, contact phone numbers, student ID number, and any follow up questions you may have. In the subject line, indicate you are interested in registering for the CTEC 280 Intro to WordPress class.
- You will receive another email or phone call within 2 business days from Clark Advising with instructions on how to register for the class and complete the process.
If you have additional concerns or questions regarding this process contact John Maduta in Advising 360-992-2327 or Reesa McAllister in the CTEC office or call 360-992-2106.
The number of seats is limited to 20. The course is ideal for any business professional, small business owner, web designer, web publisher, or anyone who needs to get WordPress on their resume or learn how to create their own website or blog, so hurry.
Here are some of the lesson specifics and you can learn more on my Learning from Lorelle (Lorelle Teaches) site:
- What is WordPress?
- How to setup a WordPress.com blog.
- Categories, tags, and content organization and navigation.
- Web publishing with the visual editor, HTML editor, QuickPress/PressThis, mobile, and alternative publishing tools.
- Publishing multimedia with WordPress.
- Content development and management.
- Introduction to basic core site customization (header art, widgets, etc.).
- Introduction to dynamic web page generation.
- Introduction to dynamic web design.
- Introduction to WordPress Themes.
- How to use Post Format Types.
- Comments and spam management.
- Multiple users and authors (permissions/authorities).
- Managing multiple contributors.
- Basic analytics and statistics with WordPress.com Stats.
- WordPress and SEO.
- Introduction to WordPress hybrid sites.
- How to create and manage custom menus.
- WordPress Widget functionality and customization.
- Understanding WordPress interactivity through trackbacks, pingbacks, and pings.
- WordPress feed management, integration, and customization.
- Integration of social media to and from WordPress.
- Managing a private or restricted access WordPress site.
- Introduction to WordPress Plugins.
- WordPress installation options.
- Troubleshooting WordPress.
- Introduction to WordPress development for employers and clients.
For more information, see the first announcement about the Clark College Introduction to WordPress class, the Spring Quarter announcement, and Clark College Course Catalog (CTEC is the department).