In Class 7 of Introduction to WordPress, we cover:
- How feeds work in WordPress.
- How to promote and use WordPress feeds.
- How to create a Subscription Page.
- Overview of social media integration with WordPress.
- Create Subscribe Page with:
- Description of the Page content.
- Text link to each feed available on the site (posts, comments, categories, email)
- Add visual link (and optional image) to sidebar in Text Widget to Subscribe Page.
- Add Widgets
- Add Subscribe by Email Widget
- Add Subscribe by Follow Widget/option
- Add Feed Links Widget
- Add Social Media Widgets for Twitter, Facebook, etc.
- Add Share button on posts
- Add Like to posts
- Add Publicize share features with social networks you belong to (LinkedIn at minimum)
- Use WordPress link shorteners to publicize your blog on social media networks