Week Five – WordPress Themes Part I
This week introduces you to WordPress Themes. In Part I of WordPress Themes we will focus on the basic elements of a WordPress Theme, customization, and design tips. We’ll explore WordPress Widgets which add additional navigation and functionality to your WordPress Theme.
- Introduction to WordPress Themes
- The Modular WordPress Theme
- WordPress Pageviews
- Post Formats
- Basic Theme Customization
- WordPress Widgets
- How to Choose a WordPress Theme
Final Project: Final Projects and teams will be announced this week. Please see the relevant information and guidelines for all final projects.
Homework Week Five
- Review all the articles in the links for the class lessons.
- Check off the tasks you’ve accomplished on the Blog Checklist.
On Your Blog
- Publish three posts using the various post formats such as link, status, image, video, quote, etc.
- Change the background to one more appropriate to your site’s goals.
- If you haven’t already, change the header art.
- Add WordPress Widgets per the Blog Checklist and customize them to match your site’s goals.
- Write a List post with bullets or numbers.
- WordPress Basics
- Web Writing
- Social Interactivity