Introduction to WordPress is designed for anyone looking to learn how to use the WordPress platform for either personal or business website use. The course covers the basics on how to use the WordPress platform including installation, content management, and configuration. The course also covers more advanced areas including WordPress Themes, Plugins, and advanced settings. Prior web publishing experience not required. Familiarity with web browsers and email is highly recommended.
- You will use this page as your class schedule table of contents.
- Each week’s page features the week’s schedule for what we will learn, the homework, and reading recommendations.
- Each class is customized to the needs of the students, so this is subject to change.
- The homework is typically done in class, though some outside work may be require to complete the task.
- The reading time for each article varies from 1-20 minutes. Most videos range from 2-30 minutes of viewing time.
- The class schedule features links to more information on each topic. It is your responsibility to review this content before each class or during the class if you are having trouble with the concept or task.
- You do not have to read everything or watch every video tutorial, but it helps to reiterate the lessons learned in class.
- At the bottom of the homework section is a section called On Your Blog. The homework assignments in this area involve creating content on your site and customizing it per the lessons learned that week.
- If you are getting a grade or certificate in this class, these assignments are required.
- If you miss a class, read through the material to catch up.
- The Blog Checklist is your site’s check-off list for the assignments on your class site.
What is of Interest to You? The assignments are coded with images to put the focus on specific areas of study for your specific needs with WordPress.
- Code and Programming
- Web Design
- Photography and Multimedia
What You Most Need to Know
The following is what you most need to know about the course. You are required to review these as they explain how the class works, introduce the instructor, and give you the things you must know about the course.
- Instructor Contact and Information
- Article on first WordPress Class at Clark College: Blogging pioneer blazes trail for WordPress at Clark College
- Student Guidelines
- What You Most Need to Know About the Class
- What Do Students Want to Learn About WordPress
- WordPress.com Terms of Service and Copyrights