The following information are resources, tips, techniques, and instructions for starting and developing a Family History blog. These resources are for Lorelle’s family history blogging workshops, classes, and presentations. The focus of these resources are on blogging your family history, not about genealogy research, though it is often hard to separate the two.
This resource list will help you learn more about using WordPress, the self-hosted version of WordPress, and WordPress.com, the hosted verion of WordPress, as well as how to publish multimedia, gedcom files, and share the stories and tales of your family’s history. It also includes information on privacy and other legal policies as relates to family history research and blogging.
Family History Blogging Articles by Lorelle VanFossen
The following links are to articles I’ve written on family history blogging, including an ongoing series on genealogy blogging.
- Article Series: What to Publish on Your Family History Blog
- Starting With a Purpose and a Plan
- What’s the Difference Between a Genealogy Blog and a Normal Blog?
- Who, What, Where, and How Questions for the Plan
- Determining What Features I Want in My Blog
- The Blog Budget – How Much Does a Blog Cost?
- Genealogy Blog: Choosing a Blog Title and Domain Name and URL
- Genealogy Blog: The Fast Method of Setting Up a Blog
- Genealogy Blog: Blog Contributors – Wanted Dead or Alive
- Collaborative Genealogy: Programs to Help Families Work on Websites Together
- Does Your Library Have a Genealogy Department? Do They Have a Genealogy Blog?
- Family History Research: One Thing Leads to Another
- Move Your Genealogy Blog Into the 21st Century With Site Feeds
- Random Genealogy: Online Genealogy Collaboration
- Shame: Comment Spam Spotted from World Vital Records
- The Battle of the Unwanted Family Member Comment
- What Do You Put Into Your Family History Blog?
- Why a Genealogical Society Should Blog
- WordPress Customization Highlights Letters From the War Front
- How to Manage Multiple Bloggers on WordPress
Resources on Blogging Your Family History
The following are articles and tutorials on how to blogging your family history. Continue reading