In Class 4 of Introduction to WordPress, we cover:
- WordPress Theme introduction
- Introduction to the WordPress Loop
- WordPress Pageviews
- Post Formats
- Changing WordPress Themes
- Basic WordPress Theme customization
- Using Post Formats:
- Publish an aside post.
- Publish a status post
- Publish a link post
- Publish at least one other post format post.
- Sort through the various WordPress Themes on WordPress.com and test them.
- Make a list or draw an “ideal” WordPress Theme for your blog.
- Find a similar Theme on WordPress.com (as close as you can)
- Publish a WordPress tip article using screenshots. If you need to publish code, use the sourcecode shortcode.
- Find the first post on your blog, usually called “Hello World.” Edit the post slug to change the URL to a new title.
The following are recommended reading assignments from the WordPress books in the 24×7 Book program and other resources. Please note the notes on book naming conventions and confusion in the class preparation post.
- WordPress CSS Information and Techniques
- WordPress Theme Development
- Stepping Into WordPress Templates
- The WordPress Category Template
- WordPress Loop
- The WordPress Loop in Action
- Check out the various articles on WordPress Theme Resources
- Beginning WordPress 3: Make Great Websites the Easy Way
- Build Your Own Wicked WordPress Themes
- Getting Started with WordPress: Design Your Own Blog or Website
- WordPress Theme Design: A Complete Guide to Creating Professional WordPress Themes
- WordPress 24-Hour Trainer
- WordPress All-In-One for Dummies